When it comes to finding an ideal jigsaw for plexiglass, there are a few things you need to consider. The type of blade you use is important, as is the speed at which you operate the tool. You also need to take into account the thickness of the material you’re cutting. With that said, here is Best Tool Center‘s list of the best jigsaws for plexiglass, based on our findings:
1. CRAFTSMAN V20* Cordless Jig Saw
This saw is powered by a 20-volt lithium-ion battery, which provides plenty of power for even the most challenging cuts. It also features variable speed control, so you can adjust the speed to match the material you’re cutting. The CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Jig Saw is also very easy to use. It has a user-friendly design that makes it easy to grip and control. And it comes with a variety of attachments, so you can use it for a variety of projects.
- Part of the V20 cordless system
- Variable speed trigger ranging from 02, 500 spm's provides control for clean and accurate cuts
- 3Orbital settings to adjust cut aggressiveness for various materials and applications
- Beveling shoe provides ability to cut up to 45 deg. For angled cuts.
- Accepts both T & U blades for versatility and availability
– CRAFTSMAN V20* Cordless Jig Saw is very easy to use.
– It is very versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks.
– The saw is very powerful and can easily cut through thick materials.
– It is very lightweight and portable, making it easy to transport.
– The saw comes with a variety of accessories that can be used to complete different tasks.
– The saw can be expensive for some people.
2. DEWALT Jig Saw, Top Handle, 6.5-Amp, Corded
- Powerful 6.5 amp motor of the jigsaw tool delivers the cutting power needed for the most demanding materials
- Variable speed of the jig saw delivers 500 - 3,100 strokes per minute for optimal cutting speed for a variety of applications
- Keyless, lever-action blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes
- All-metal gear case and keyless blade lever enhance tool durability in a professional shop environment
- 4-position orbital action provides control of cut quality and speed
– The motor is very powerful and can handle a lot of tough cuts.
– You can make very precise cuts with this saw.
– The saw is very easy to maneuver and control.
– The price is very reasonable.
– The saw is a bit loud.
3. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* POWERCONNECT Cordless Jig Saw
This jigsaw is easy to use and has a powerful motor that makes it a great choice for DIY projects or professional use. The BLACKDECKER 20V MAX POWERCONNECT Cordless Jig Saw has a variable speed dial that allows you to adjust the speed to match the material you are cutting. The saw also has a quick-change blade system that makes it easy to change blades, and the blade-lock system ensures that the blade is securely in place while you are cutting.
- VERSATILE USE – Make straight, curved, angled, and plunged cuts, even during detailed applications.
- VARIABLE-SPEED TRIGGER – Cut up to 2,500 rpm for enhanced control over every job.
- TOOL-FREE BLADE CHANGES – Quickly swap out both U and T shank blades without extra tools.
- 45-DEGREE BEVEL SHOE – For angled cuts in both directions.
- WIRE GUARD – Provides a clear line of sight for precise cuts.
– The saw has a powerful motor that can cut through tougher materials.
– It is easy to change the blade with the tool-free blade change feature.
– The saw is very durable.
– The saw is easy to handle and maneuver.
– The saw does not come with a case.
4. BOSCH JS470EB Corded Barrel-Grip Jig Saw
This jigsaw has a 7.5-amp motor that can deliver up to 3,600 strokes per minute, allowing you to quickly and easily cut through even the toughest materials. The barrel grip design provides a comfortable and secure grip, while the integrated dust blower helps keep your work area clean and clear. And with its included carrying case, the Bosch JS470EB Corded BarrelGrip Jig Saw is easy to take with you wherever you go.
- ERGONOMIC BODY: features an upfront grip area for maximum control, precision and comfort
- CONVENIENT: featuring a tool-less blade change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection lever that eliminates need to touch hot saw blade
- 4-IN-1: 4 orbital action tool settings provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts for taking on the toughest cutting tasks
- CONTROL: variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed
- SECURE: includes a large, sturdy die cast foot with steel insert and on board bevel wrench; multidirectional blade clamp delivers superior grip of T-shank blades
– Powerful and fast.
– Excellent durability.
– Ergonomic design.
– Excellent value for the price.
– The saw can be a bit difficult to control at times.
5. SKIL 5 Amp Corded Jig Saw
- HIGH CUTTING EFFICIENCY - The 4-stage orbital function allows smooth cutting ability across different materials and applications.
- SPEED CONTROL & BRAKE - Variable speed control provides optimal cutting speed for all applications while the brake function is helpful for a precise finish.
- ANGLED CUTTING - The shoe bevel adjustment allows you to cut at angles.
- CLEAR VIEW PRECISION - An on/off dust blowing switch gives a clear view of your work so you can easily track the cutting line.
- EASY BLADE CHANGE - Replace saw blades quickly with the tool-free blade clamp.
– SKIL 5 Amp Corded Jig Saw is a lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use jigsaw.
– The saw has a tool-free blade change system that makes blade changes quick and easy.
– It also has an adjustable speed dial that allows you to adjust the speed of the blade to match the material you’re cutting.
– The SKIL 5 Amp Corded Jig Saw does not have a laser guide, so you will need to use a straightedge or another guide to help you make straight cuts.
1. How to choose the best jigsaw for plexiglass?
There are a few things you need to consider when choosing a jigsaw for plexiglass. The first is the type of blade you need. You will need a blade that is specifically designed for cutting plexiglass. The second is the size of the blade. You will need a blade that is large enough to cut through the thickness of the plexiglass. Finally, you need to consider the power of the jigsaw. You will need a jigsaw that has enough power to cut through the plexiglass.
2. What are the different types of jigsaws?
There are several different types of jigsaws available on the market, each with its own unique set of features and benefits. The most common types of jigsaws include top-handle jigsaws, barrel-grip jigsaws, and compact jigsaws.
3. What are the different types of blades for jigsaws?
There are many different types of blades available for jigsaws, each designed for a specific material or application. The most common types of blades include T-shank blades, U-shank blades, and reciprocating blades.
4. What is the difference between a jigsaw and a scroll saw?
The main difference between a jigsaw and a scroll saw is that a jigsaw is designed for making curved and irregular cuts, while a scroll saw is designed for making straight and precise cuts.
5. What are some of the safety features of jigsaws?
Most jigsaws feature a variety of safety features, including a blade guard, a dust blower, and an anti-kickback device.