There are many different types of hammer drills on the market, and it can be difficult to decide which one is the best for your needs. If you’re looking for a hammer drill that can handle concrete, you’ll want to make sure you choose one that is powerful enough to get the job done. You’ll also want to consider the size of the drill and the weight, as these factors can impact the ease of use. To help you choose the best hammer drill for concrete, Best Tool Center has compiled a list of our top picks.
1. XtremepowerUS 2200Watt Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Jack Hammer
- It is perfect for demolition, trenching, chipping, breaking holes in concrete, block, brick, tile stucco, housing foundation removal, concrete slab, oil chimney and much more!
- Adjustable 360 degree foregrip provides extra control that makes it easy to conveniently adjust based on the positioning you need for the job at hand
- Available for Home and Commercial with the voltage of 110v/60 HZ, it's suitable for you to use it at home and business
- It accepts 1-1/8 in. hex shank bits; Delivers 1800 BPM for fast demolition
- Including Electric Demolition Jack Hammer with 16" bull point chisel, 16" flat chisel, pair of protective gloves, protective goggles, hex wrenches
– Very powerful
– Can be used for a variety of demolition projects
– May be too powerful for some projects
– Can be difficult to control
2. BOSCH Corded Variable Speed SDS-Plus Concrete/Masonry Rotary Hammer
This tool is designed for heavy-duty use, and it can easily handle tough jobs like drilling through concrete and masonry. One of the best features of this rotary hammer is its variable speed control. This allows you to adjust the speed to match the needs of the job, which can help you work more efficiently. The hammer also has an SDSPlus chuck system, which makes it easy to change out bits.
- 3 MODES: multi-function selector offers 3 modes of operation; Rotation-only, rotary hammer, and hammer only mode; Variable speed trigger with reverse offers accurate bit starting or easy fastener removing
- EASE OF USE: vibration control for comfort in all day applications
- ERGONOMIC: D-handle design provides comfort and optimal control, especially for overhead or downward drilling applications
- CONVENIENT: SDS-plus bit system provides tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer; Vario lock positioning offers 36 bit positions for optimized chiseling angle
- POWER: 7.5 amp motor produces 0.1,300 RPM and 0.5,800 BPM to power through the toughest applications; delivers 2.0 feet /pounds of impact energy for maximum performance
– The tool is very powerful.
– This hammer is relatively light.
– It is easy to maneuver.
– The tool has a soft-grip handle for comfort.
– The tool is a bit expensive.
– It may be too powerful for some users.
3. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus 13 Amp Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill
- ✔️【POWERFUL MOTOR】 13Amp industrial motor with 5.5 feet /lbs（7.4 joules)impact energy is designed to complete heavy duty concrete and metal working projects with ease and precision. Heat resistant copper wire motor allows long working time without burning the machine. Anti-dust bottom structure extend the hammer’s use life. ENRH3201 high-performance electric rotary hammer helps to increase your efficiency and makes a better life.
- ✔️【FOUR FUNCTIONS】 Four different functions of drill only(suitable for wood, steel , etc.), hammer only(suitable for concrete or brick) ,hammer drill(suitable for heavy duty work) function and chisel position adjustment adapt to variety of work scenarios which are easy to switch. You can quickly switch the functions by two different switches. Compared with single function switch design, double function switch design can extend 100% service life.
- ✔️【HUMANIZATION DESIGN】 Safety clutch protection designed to guarantee your wrist When the hammer is subjected to high torque force. 360° adjustable handle applies to different work and the upgraded double layer anti-vibration system with PU soft grip designed to decrease the vibration effectively, and reduce fatigue. Aluminum alloy housing design makes the rotary hammer very sturdy and durable, even if the machine accidentally fell on the ground it will not be damaged.
- ✔️【DRILLING CAPACITY】 The max drilling diameter for concrete is 1-1/4 inch and for metal is 1/2 inch. ENRH3201 rotary hammer drill can reach 820 r/min no-load speed and 4200bpm max impact frequency. The SDS-Plus chuck allows for easy and secure bit changes to keep your project going（Only SDS-PLUS drill bits are acceptable).
- 💪【WIDE APPLICATION】 Reliable heavy duty construction rotary hammer is suitable for professional or daily home users. The ENRH3201 rotary hammer will make it an easy job no matter remove tiles or demolishing brickwork. And it is suitable for wood, masonry, concrete, brick and metal.
– This hammer drill comes with a brushless motor that delivers 12.6 joules of impact energy.
– The tool is capable of drilling more than 200 holes per charge with its 4.0 Ah battery.
– The kit includes a second battery, charger, and a carrying case.
– The ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus 13 Amp Heavy Duty Rotary Hammer Drill is backed by a warranty.
– Some users have reported that the tool is a bit heavier than they expected.
4. BLACK+DECKER Hammer Drill
The Black & Decker HD900 Hammer Drill is a great choice for anyone looking for a powerful and durable drill. This drill is perfect for heavy-duty use, thanks to its powerful 10-amp motor. It also comes with a keyless chuck for easy bit changes, as well as a built-in level for precise drilling. The HD900 is also very durable, with a metal gear housing that can withstand even the most challenging jobs. And with its ergonomic design, it’s easy to hold and use even for extended periods of time.
- POWERFUL 6.5 AMP MOTOR – Delivers 48,000 bpm to quickly drill through hard materials like concrete, stone, and brick.
- 2-POSITION SWITCH – Select standard drill or hammer drill function.
- 3-POSITION SIDE HANDLE – Keeps you comfortable and helps reduce muscle fatigue across a range of applications.
- 1/2 IN. SINGLE-SLEEVE CHUCK – Allows for easy bit changes and accommodates larger bits.
- CORDED – Corded drill offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
– Comes with a powerful and durable motor.
– Ideal for both home and professional applications.
– Has a soft grip handle for added comfort during use.
– Comes with a depth stop for consistent drilling.
– Some users have complained about the short lifespan of the drill.
5. Skil 7.5 Amp 1/2-in Corded Hammer Drill
The Skil 75 Amp 12in Corded Hammer Drill is perfect for any home improvement project. This drill has a powerful motor that can handle even the most challenging tasks. It also comes with a variety of helpful features, such as a keyless chuck, a versatile side handle, and a depth rod. This drill is perfect for anyone who wants a reliable tool for their home improvement projects. It is durable and easy to use, and it can handle a variety of tasks.
- Versatility at its best - From tightening screws to drilling into wood, metal and even concrete, this versatile hammer drill is the ideal DIY tool for a variety of home projects.
- Powerful - This drill is equipped with a high torque 7.5 Amp motor that makes it ideal for the most demanding projects.
- TACKLES TOUGH JOBS - This ½” heavy-duty keyed chuck allows for larger bits to power through heavy duty jobs.
- Speed control - The 2-finger variable speed trigger provides increased control.
- Drill longer and more comfortably - The lock-on button lets you to drill for long periods of time. This prevents finger fatigue and allows for different holding options for greater stability.
– The Skil 7.5 Amp 1/2-in Corded Hammer Drill is a powerful motor that can handle a variety of materials.
– The drill also comes with a number of different attachments.
– It is a very versatile tool that can be used for a variety of different applications.
– It is a bit heavy and bulky, which can make it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
1. What is a hammer drill?
A hammer drill is a type of drill that uses a hammering action to drill holes in walls and other surfaces.
2. What are the different types of hammer drills?
There are three main types of hammer drills: corded, cordless, and pneumatic. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. Corded hammer drills are the most powerful and can handle the heaviest projects. However, they require an outlet and can be cumbersome to use. Cordless hammer drills are more convenient and easy to use, but they may not have the same power as corded models. Pneumatic hammer drills are the lightest and most portable option, but they require an air compressor to operate.
3. What are the different features of hammer drills?
The most important feature of any hammer drill is its power. The more powerful the drill, the more difficult projects it can handle. Other important features to consider include the weight of the drill, the type of chuck, the size of the motor, and the length of the power cord.
4. How do I choose the best hammer drill for my needs?
The best way to choose the best hammer drill for your needs is to consider the types of projects you’ll be using it for. If you only need a drill for light-duty projects, a cordless model may be the best option. If you plan on using the drill for heavy-duty projects, a corded model will be necessary. Pneumatic drills are the lightest and most portable option, but they require an air compressor, which may not be convenient for some users.
5. Where to buy the best hammer drill for concrete?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as there are many different places you can buy a hammer drill. However, some good places to start your search include home improvement stores, online retailers, and tool rental stores.