There are a lot of different types of band saw blades out there, and it can be hard to know which one is the best for cutting aluminum. In this article, Best Tool Center will go over some of the best band saw blades for aluminum, so you can make an informed decision about which blade is right for your needs.
1. DEWALT Portable Band Saw Blade
DEWALT offers a variety of blades for their portable band saw, including wood and metal cutting blades. The metal cutting blades are available in various tooth sizes and are designed for use with ferrous and non-ferrous metals. The DEWALT portable band saw blades are designed to provide superior performance and durability. The blades are made of high-quality materials and are precision ground to ensure accurate cutting. The blades are also heat-treated to provide added strength and durability.
- Matrix II high speed steel edge of the band saw blade is designed for heat and wear resistance
- 8% Cobalt Content For Added Durability & Wear
- Rc 65-67 Tooth Hardness For Increased Wear Resistance
- Alloy Steel Backer for Fatigue Resistance
– DEWALT portable band saw blade has a few advantages that make it a great option for cutting through different types of materials.
– One of the main advantages of this blade is that it is extremely durable and can last for a very long time.
– It is also very easy to use and can be quickly installed on most standard band saws.
– It is not as sharp as some of the other blades on the market and may require more frequent sharpening.
2. Imachinist S6212610 M42 62″ Long, 1/2″ Wide, 0.025″ Thick, Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades
- Bi-metal M42 type, 62" long, 1/2" wide, 0.025" thick, 6/10TPI
- Perfect for cutting aluminum, brass, copper and other non ferrous metaletc.
- 6/10 TPI is variable teeth profile
- Spring steel backer to strengthen blade life
- Suits all bandsaws which use 62" long, 1/2" wide bandsaw blade
– The Imachinist S6212610 M42 62″ Long, 1/2″ Wide, 0.025″ Thick, Bi-Metal Band Saw Blades are a great option for anyone in need of a high-quality, durable band saw blade.
– These blades are made from high-carbon steel with an M42 cobalt alloy edge, meaning they are built to last and can handle even the most challenging cuts.
– The blades are designed to cut through a variety of materials, including wood, plastic, and metal, making them a versatile option for a variety of projects.
– These blades may be too large for some band saws.
– The blades may be too thin for some materials, meaning they could bend or break if not used properly.
3. AYAO Pack of 3 Band Saw Blades
- Fits Powertec 9-Inch Band Saw BS900, Harbor Freight 96980, 60500, Craftsman 21419, Masterforce 2403731
- Mainly for cutting wood, PVC and thin aluminium
- Unique welding technique :strong and smoother welding point
- Thinner blades for longer life
- Raker set teeth arrangement, all teeth arranged evenly for better cutting performance
– The AYAO Pack of 3 Band Saw Blades is a great product for anyone who is looking for an affordable and reliable way to cut through wood.
– The blades are made from high-quality materials and are designed to last for a long time.
– They are also easy to sharpen and can be used on a variety of different materials.
– The main downside of the AYAO Pack of 3 Band Saw Blades is that they are not as sharp as some of the other options on the market. This means that they will require more effort to cut through tougher materials.
4. POWERTEC 13104-P2 59-1/2″ x 3/8″ x 18 TPI Band Saw Blade
This blade is designed for precision and durability, making it the perfect choice for any woodworking project. The POWERTEC 13104P2 5912 x 38 x 18 TPI Band Saw Blade is made of high-quality carbon steel, ensuring a long lifespan and accurate cuts. With its precision-ground teeth, this blade can handle a variety of materials with ease, from soft wood to hard metal. And with its 18 TPI, this blade can produce smooth, accurate cuts in a variety of materials.
- INCLUDES: (2) 59 ½ inch band saw blade – suitable for most 59-1/2” long, 3/8” wide, 0. 014” thick, band saw blades
- QUALITY: The band saw blade is made from premium, high grade carbon steel with heat resistance and weld
- DESIGN: This precision cutting tool is constructed with an optimal geometric tooth arrangement that provides seamless cutting results at high performance speeds
- APPLICATION: Flexible carbon hard edge blade works perfectly with hard and soft woods, plastic, and plus non-ferrous metals
- TEETH SPECS: 18tpi blade has a raker set / regular teeth profile
– Excellent cutting ability
– Good value
– Very sharp
– Not as versatile as some other band saw blades
5. BOSCH BS80-6H 80-Inch X 1/2-Inch X 6-Tpi Heavy Duty Stationary Band Saw Blade
- For heavy-duty applications in wood
- Premium materials resist heat buildup for long life
- Optimized tooth geometry for best performance
- Lengths fit most common band saw sizes
- Made from premium grade steel
– Excellent for cutting thick pieces of wood
– Good for making intricate cuts
– Easy to operate
– Not suitable for cutting very thin pieces of wood
– Can be difficult to change the blade
1. What is the best band saw blade for aluminum?
There is no definitive answer to this question as each band saw is different and each project requires different types of blades. However, we would recommend using a blade that is specifically designed for cutting aluminum. These blades are typically made from high-speed steel or carbide and have a tooth design that is optimized for cutting aluminum.
2. What are the different types of band saw blades?
There are a variety of different types of band saw blades available on the market, each designed for a specific purpose. The most common types of blades are made from high-speed steel or carbide and have a tooth design that is optimized for cutting specific materials.
3. What is the difference between a band saw and a scroll saw?
A band saw uses a blade that is mounted on an arbor, while a scroll saw uses a blade that is mounted on a table. Band saws are typically used for larger projects, while scroll saws are better suited for smaller projects.
4. What are the different sizes of band saw blades?
The band saw blades come in a variety of different sizes, each designed for a specific purpose. The most common sizes are 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, and 3/4″.
5. How do I choose the right band saw blade for my project?
When choosing a band saw blade, you need to consider the type of material you will be cutting, the thickness of the material, the size of the project, and the type of cuts you will be making.